Sunday 23 November 2008

Fly Fishing and Fly Tying Magazine Competition


Having been laid up with a cold for sometime and busy horse racing at Cheltenham last week, not much fly tying has been done.

I need to get my finger out and complete the flies for the first round of the Fly Fishing and Fly Tying Magazine Competition. Oddly I have tied the additional fly first. I have elected to tie (Rob's) Welsh Green Peter. It seemed a very straight forward fly, however getting the wing to lie at the correct angle proved troublesome. The fly is tied on a size 14 Klinkhamer using olive thread. The body is Arizona Synthetic Dubbing ribbed with silver tinsel. The tail is a small red feather and the wing tied from bronze mallard.
So on now to the Yellow Dancer.
I have been reading the The Floating Fly by Malcolm Greenhalgh. It's a good read, a nice mix between history and opinion.

No comments: